Sunday

Assignment #3


1. Do you remember how I talked about making a practical experience into an aesthetic experience?

I would like for you to think about something that you do everyday. Something that you do without thinking about it too much. Now, take that practical experience and turn it into an aesthetic experience. Use similes, metaphors and any other descriptive information from your English classes. Post a picture...

Example: I drink coffee in the morning. I choose just the right coffee cup. I pour the coffee into my coffee cup and watch as the dark brown liquid cascades into the cup like the fall of a waterfall. As the liquid hits the bottom, steam rises bringing with it that yummy, familiar aroma that hits my olfactory senses and makes me salivate. I watch as I pour a bit of cream into the coffee and watch it swirl around and around. It billows and swirls, like foreboding clouds of dust in a storm until it settles and quiets - becoming all one light mocha color.

No comments:

Post a Comment